Friday, May 17, 2013

Published StorySpotlight: 'Good Dreams Can't Last For Long' - a May 2013 'Story of the Week' in the Missing Slate

The stories just keep coming! May has seen the release of my first audiobook, my first published poem, a lengthily-titled dystopian tale, my first short story collection, and now this.

'Good Dreams Can't Last for Long' is a horrific story of regret, magic folding chairs, deep, dank caves, and an unseen presence of ultimate evil known only as 'the Seritz.' It's simultaneously introspective and metaphysical, delving into the darkest recesses of human misery and making a nest there.

This was the first story I wrote this year, and I put a lot more effort into it than I had put into past stories. It marked the beginning of a new era in my writing, and now I'm privileged to share it with you, via the incredible international journal The Missing Slate. I'm honored to be a part of this publication, and I'm really excited to share this story with you.

You can read it by clicking here.

3 comments:

  1. Wow!!
    From this day on T.?.Blackford shall be mentioned in the same breath with H.P.Lovecraft and E.A.Poe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Powerful read. Can't stop thinking about it...

    ReplyDelete